American Legion Edgar M. Boyd Post 37
Williston American Legion Post #37, was chartered in 1919 and has a long history of supporting our local veterans and the community. We strive to stay connected to our local community and support others through our volunteer service, fundraising, events, and more. Over the past year, the Edgar M Boyd Post #37 has accomplished the following:
- Funded over $25,000 to a local Veteran Relief Fund
- Conducted our annual Memorial Day & Veterans Day Ceremonies
- Represented veteransʼ issues as a member of the Military Affairs Committee
- Sponsored and managed an American Legion baseball teams
- Sponsored 2 high school junior delegates to attend Boys/Girls State Leadership Academy
- Participated in Banquet West at the First Lutheran Church and helped feed over 100 people
- Supported community school programs and helped our youth attend Up Close in Washington, DC, the After Prom Party, Operation Graduation, Boys Scouts, 4H Programs in the County, and all of our athletic programs.
- Donated to numerous Non-Profits such as Bras for a Cause (Supporting cancer patients), the Special Olympics, Miss North Dakota Pageant, North Dakota Outstanding Teen, and many more.
- Provided food for the Community Blood Drive, Women Crisis Shelter, The Heritage Center and the Opportunity Foundations. We also had the opportunity to help support the Eckert Youth Home.
- Hosted a banquet for our public servants and gave awards for Williston Police Officer, Sheriff’s Deputy, Rural Fire Fighter and Williston City EMS person of the year.
If you’re a Veteran, The American Legion is here to help you. We have an army of volunteers – each one a wartime veteran, and that is why we’re here now – helping veterans, service members and their families, and our local community.
We meet at the Legion Club downstairs the 2nd Wednesday of each month, August-May.
We're Here To Help!
Mon - Thurs: 4 pm - Midnight
Fri - Sat: Noon - 1 am
115 1st Ave East